- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- UFT Headquarters, Manhattan
- Presenter: Dr. Greg Valentine, Ret. Professor of Economic Education, University of Southern Indiana
- National Center Workshops
- General Economics
The nation’s economy will increasingly rely on entrepreneurs to stimulate economic growth. This workshop, based on the publication Entrepreneurship Economics, will provide teachers with student-centered instructional methods for introducing entrepreneurship and analyzing how entrepreneurs benefit society.
Participants will leave with:
- A copy of Entrepreneurship Economics.
- Practical lessons that teach students about economic systems, the entrepreneur’s role in local business development, forms of business ownership, risk management, personal finance management, and credit ratings.
- Case studies, activities and assessments.
- Tools for helping students conduct a gap analysis, create a business plan and develop an elevator pitch for their business ideas.
- Links to video clips and other resources.
- Lunch provided.
- 6 Continuing Education Units.