- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Science, Industry & Business Library, 35th &Madison Ave., Manhattan
- Presenter: Dr. Rick Fenner, Mohawk Valley Center for Economic Education, Utica College and Saji James, Alfred P. Sloan Teaching Champion Award Winner
- National Center Workshops
- Business & Economics
- Financial Literacy
- General Economics
- Math & Economics
Our students make many critical financial decisions before they graduate from high school but very few of them understand the long-term consequences of their choices. This workshop will provide hands-on activities using everyday scenarios to teach essential topics in personal finance.
Participants will leave with:
- A copy of Financial Fitness for Life (Grades 9-12).
- Activities to help students set financial goals, create budgets and understand the costs and benefits of credit.
- Interactive tools to illustrate the importance of saving and the power of compounding.
- Real-life scenarios that will help students understand risk and how insurance can protect them from catastrophic claims.
- Information about the new College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies State Standards.
- 6 Continuing Education Units.
- Lunch provided.