Submit your proposal by clicking here.
All Council for Economic Education staff, affiliated Council or Center staff, NAEE members, EconEdLink members (who are K-12 teachers or administrators), or others with an interest in economic, personal finance and entrepreneurship education are invited to submit a proposal to present a session at the 55th Annual Financial Literacy and Economic Education Conference held at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, Phoenix, Arizonaon October 5-8, 2016. The guidelines below should help you prepare your proposal that is of interest to the economic and financial educators, teachers and administrators who will attend the Conference.
You may propose a presentation in any of the following formats:
- Concurrent Session: Concurrent sessions are informal presentations that include opportunities for presenter-audience interaction.
- Research Paper: If you propose to present a research paper, your paper will be assigned to a research session and be matched up by theme or topic. A discussant would be assigned to each paper and a moderator would be assigned.
- Poster Session (October 7 and 8): These sessions are visual poster presentations that provide an opportunity to have an informal discussion between presenters and participants.
Please specify to whom this session is intended. Sessions intended for affiliates will be scheduled for Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7. Sessions intended for K-12 Educators will be scheduled for Friday, October 7 and Saturday, October 8.
Each year, the Conference features sessions around the following four tracks:
- Economics: These sessions focus on the pedagogy used to teach economic concepts, i.e. teaching strategies, classroom activities and the use of technology.
- Personal Finance: These sessions focus on the pedagogy used to teach personal finance concepts, i.e. teaching strategies, classroom activities and the use of technology.
- Research: These sessions focus on topics in economics, personal finance and entrepreneurship education research.
- CEE Affiliate Management: These sessions focus on management topics for the CEE Council/Center Network.
Proposal Review Process/Session Selection Criteria
The acceptance rate for sessions has been extremely competitive. Individuals can submit no more than two proposals for presentation. Approximately eight breakout sessions in eight concurrent sessions/four tracks will be considered.
The Conference Committee will carefully review, evaluate and rank each proposal. Incomplete proposals will not be considered in the evaluation process.
The following criteria will be used when reviewing proposals:
-Title and abstract match the presentation description, must be clear and concise
-Objectives clearly stated and specific
-Objectives met and activities can be completed in the allocated session time
-Content and/or skills discussed are relevant to the intended audience
-Proposal content of current interest and/or a hot topic in economic, personal finance and entrepreneurship education
-Description of specific presentation techniques, learning objectives, instructional strategies and content – participants will know what kind of session they will be attending
-Opportunities for engaging the audience
Acceptance/non-acceptance notification will be sent via email by April 15. The Council for Economic Education reserves the right to make final decisions on acceptance of all proposals.
Guidelines for Completing the Proposal
All proposals must be submitted online at https://econedconf2016.busyconf.com/proposals/new. The title and program description should accurately reflect the content of the session. Do not list individuals as presenters unless you have a definite commitment they will present. The Council for Economic Education reserves the right to edit titles and descriptions for use in the Conference program book.
If you or your organization are promoting or selling a program, product, or service to the attendees, you will be required to purchase a booth in the Exhibit Hall.
CEE will provide each session room with a projector, screen and internet access. Presenters will need to bring their own laptop computer. Other audiovisual equipment (e.g. VCR, DVD, speakers, etc.) can be ordered from the Renaissance Hotel at your expense.
Presentation applications must be received by Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
Submitting the Proposal
Complete your application online at https://econedconf2016.busyconf.com/proposals/new.
After you submit your proposal, you will receive a confirmation email including a private link to your proposal. This link will allow you to edit your proposal and add comments until our review committee begins reviewing it or the proposal window closes.
If you have questions about this process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.