The Council for Economic Education’s (CEE) Volunteer Executive Council (VEC) is made of a group of executives in their 30’s-40’s that are interested in CEE’s mission and would like to get involved in the organization.
- To provide an opportunity for young executives to contribute and make a difference in a significant way
- To provide valuable networking opportunities
- To provide a pipeline of future leaders for CEE
The following are multiple ways that VEC members can get involved with CEE:
- The Visionary Awards (VA) – gather your friends to support CEE’s signature event and take advantage of a great networking opportunity to interact with business, education and government leaders. VEC members will be offered tickets at $500, a special 50% discounted rate. Special benefits include:
- Recognition of VEC as a Silver Sponsor of Visionary Awards (must raise minimum of $5K before VA)
- Journal ad in dinner program listing participating VEC Members (must raise minimum of $5K before VA)
- Networking/Social Events – the purpose of these gatherings:
- Fundraising (There are multiple opportunities to help CEE with fundraising efforts. Please contact us for more information.)
- National Economics Challenge (NEC) – coach a New York City high school team to compete in CEE’s National Economics Challenge. CEE will send out an email notification about this event, which will detail what the opportunity is and how many volunteer hours are needed.
- Various CEE Volunteer Opportunities – CEE offers a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the year—ranging from assisting at a teacher workshop to helping out at our Financial Literacy Day at a school in one of the five boroughs. CEE will send out email notifications when a volunteer opportunity arises, which will detail what the opportunities are and how many volunteer hours are needed.
Volunteer Executive Council Leadership Team:
The VEC Leadership Team is responsible for establishing the mission and vision for the VEC general membership. Working closely with the CEE’s Senior Director of Development, the VEC Leadership Team guides the activities for growth of the VEC membership.
Want to be a part of the Volunteer Executive Council? Please fill out this form and we’ll contact you directly.
For more information about VEC or any other questions you may have, contact Tarnisha Smart, Senior Development Director, email@example.com; 212-730-6704.