In This Issue:
- Celebrate Financial Literacy Month, April 2014
- This car is going to cost me how much money???
- Gen i Revolution How-to Webinars Available
- Special Limited Time Offer on Learning, Earning and Investing for a New Generation
- Mark your calendar for CEE’s Annual Teacher Conference
Celebrate Financial Literacy Month, April 2014
April is Financial Literacy Month (FLM) and CEE continues to raise awareness for the importance of financial literacy education for K–12 teachers and students by providing events, teacher workshops, resources, free lessons and webinars for our educators.
- If you are interested in free workshops at your local CEE affiliated Council or Center, search by state here.
- Look out for and share essays from great guest posts on the CEE blog. We will include perspectives from some of our nation’s most important financial, corporate, and political leaders on the need for and importance of financial and economic literacy.
- Be socially active! Please share, retweet, and link FLM content all month long via Twitter and Facebook. The official hashtag is #FinLitMonth!
This car is going to cost me how much money???
Check out CEE’s new Car Shopper app to see what it really costs to purchase a new car and to finance it!
Teach students the cost-benefit analysis of how much your dream vehicle is going to cost as well as to run and finance it. Students can pick from an array of different options as well as tailor the prices to fit costs in your region. When you get to the end there will be a breakdown of the vehicle you just bought and give you prices of gas/insurance per month as well as your car payment. Explore the thousands of different vehicle combinations you can get with this FREE app available on Google Play.
Gen i Revolution How-to Webinars Available
Gen i Revolution Contest News
The Gen i Revolution Contest is underway and submissions are being accept now through April 18, 2014. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to come up with the Sweet 16th Mission!
You can win up to $1,000 for your classroom! Check out all the details.
Special Limited Time Offer on Learning, Earning and Investing for a New Generation
In celebration of FLM and the Gen i Revolution Contest—Search for the Sweet 16th—CEE is offering extra savings on the Learning, Earning and Investing for a New Generation eBook Bundle!
Order the LEI book bundle and save 40% on individual ebook and print prices AND save an additional 20% by using coupon code GENILEI when checking out.
Enjoy the convenience of having a printed book on your desk and a pdf for reading on the go and save big.
This offer is valid on new orders only and expires April 30, 2014.
Mark your calendar for CEE’s Annual Teacher Conference
The 53rd Annual Financial Literacy and Economic Education Conference being held October 8-11, 2014 in Dallas, Texas is shaping up. Registration will be available next month so be sure to save the date.
Take a look at last year’s video and photos to see why this is a must-attend conference for K–12 teachers!